It’s Friday, and so it’s time for another news roundtable, our chance to review the big news of the week with a panel of journalists, editors and news watchers.
This week we are discussing:
- California’s Proposition 8 and the federal Defense of Marriage Act in front of the Supreme Court
- Portland’s City Council struggling to figure out how to implement the arts tax
- The Oregon Senate Democrats’ proposal to change PERS
What stories are you following this week?
- Paul Gronke: Political science professor at Reed College
- Erik Lukens: Editorial and Commentary Editor at The Oregonian
- Sarah Mirk: Reporter at Bitch Media