It’s Friday, and so it’s time for the news roundtable, our chance to review the big news of the week with a panel of journalists, editors and news watchers.
This week we are discussing:
- Major setbacks for four proposed gun control bills in Salem
- The Portland arts tax causing confusion at the city and in school budgets
- The U.S. Senate passing a bill to collect sales tax on online purchases
- The unlikely confluence of Dennis Rodman, Kim Jong Un, and a University of Oregon graduate
What stories are you following this week?
- Jim Moore: Political science professor and director of the Tom McCall Center for Policy Innovation at Pacific University
- Sarah Mirk: Online editor at Bitch magazine
- Jim Pasero: Principal for public affairs company Third Century Solutions