It’s the Wednesday before the long Thanksgiving weekend, so we’re gathering our news roundtable a bit early. Each week we take a look at some of the biggest recent stories with a rotating panel of journalists and other news watchers.
This week our discussion topics include:
- The widely hailed nuclear deal with Iran
- The speech Pope Francis gave this week outlining his vision for the Church
- Legislation announced this week by Senator Ron Wyden that attemps to balance logging and conservation on federal forest land.
- Jim Moore: Director of the Tom McCall Center for Policy Innovation at Pacific University
- Ron Tammen: Director of the Mark O. Hatfield School of Government at Portland State University