It’s Friday and it’s time for our news roundtable, where we take a look at some of the biggest stories of the week with a rotating panel of journalists and other news watchers.
This week our discussion topics include:
- Regional and national election results
- The Employment Non-Discrimination Act passed by the U.S. Senate and championed by Senator Jeff Merkley (D-OR)
- The agreement announced earlier this week between the U.S. Department of Justice and the Portland Police over how to avoid civil rights violations.
- Barbara Dudley: Adjunct assistant professor at Portland State University, and senior policy advisor for the Oregon Working Families Party
- Rob Kremer: Host of Kremer and Abrams on KXL and Executive Director of TeamCFA Foundation — a national network of public charter schools
- Paul Gronke: Political science professor at Reed College
More Think Out Loud
OPB | Sept. 22, 2016