It’s Friday and it’s time for our news roundtable, where we take a look at some of the biggest regional and national stories of the week with a panel of journalists and news watchers.
This week our discussion topics include:
- The ongoing government shutdown and inaction over extending the debt ceiling
- A marked increase in concealed handgun licenses in Oregon
- Report cards for Oregon schools
- Barbara Dudley: Adjunct assistant professor at Portland State University, and senior policy advisor for the Oregon Working Families Party
- Jim Pasero: Principal for public affairs company Third Century Solutions