It’s Friday and that means it’s time for our news roundtable, where we take a look at some of the biggest stories of the week with a rotating panel of journalists and other news watchers.
This week our discussion topics include:
- The sentencing of would-be Pioneer Courthouse square bomber, Mohamed Mohamud
- The first case of Ebola in the U.S. and Portland’s preparation
- Locals taking issue with the portrayal of Portland in national media
- The $500,000 out-of-state contribution to the Measure 90 campaign
What stories have you been following this week?
- Eric Fruits: Adjunct professor at Portland State University; economic consultant
- Naseem Rakha: Writer; author of The Crying Tree
- John Schrag: Publisher of the Forest Grove News Times and the Hillsboro Tribune