It’s Friday, so it’s time for the news roundtable, our chance to review the big news of the week with a panel of journalists, editors and news watchers.
This week, our discussion topics include:
- Multnomah County Chair Jeff Cogen’s announcement he’ll resign as of September 16.
- The run up to the congressional debate and vote on authorizing military force in Syria.
- Oregon Governor John Kitzahaber setting a date for a possible special session in September.
What stories are you following this week?
- Eve Epstein: Director of News & Information at OPB News
- Jim Pasero: Principal for the public affairs company Third Century Solutions
- Naseem Rakha: Journalist and author