Every Friday we chat with a panel of journalists and news watchers to analyze some of the biggest headlines of the week. This week, we’re taking a slightly wider view and looking back at some of the stories that defined and dominated the year — in Oregon and the nation.
This week our discussion topics include:
- Edward Snowden and the National Security Agency surveillance leaks
- The troubled rollouts of the Healthcare.gov and Cover Oregon exchanges
- The government shutdown
- The Oregon legislative session, special session, and PERS reform
- Jeff Cogen’s fall from grace
- Discussions of homelessness issues dominating Portland Mayor Charlie Hales’s first year in office
- And much more
What stories were you watching this year?