Voters will see seven citizens’ initiatives on the ballot in November, the Secretary of State’s office confirms. They will include:
- Protect Our Homes: Would ban any new real estate transfer fees or taxes
- Oregon Cannabis Tax Act 2012: Would legalize the sale of marijuana in Oregon
- Death Tax Phase-Out Act II: Would abolish the estate tax
- Protect Our Salmon Act 2012: Would ban commercial gillnetting on the Columbia River
- Protect Oregon’s Priorities III: Would reallocate the corporate kicker to fund K-12 education
- Oregon Job Growth, Education and Communities Fund Act Part 1 and Part 2: Would establish a non-tribal casino in Wood Village
We’ll check in with OPB News Salem Correspondent Chris Lehman on the latest on these initiatives, along with a look at what voters in Washington and Idaho can expect.