Then there’s the hotly contested state legislative races. In eastern Oregon, for example, Greg Smith has never faced a primary challenge, but this year he’s fighting a spirited campaign with former Union County Commissioner, Colleen MacLeod.
And of course, there’s the closely watched Gubernatorial race. Next week the Democratic and Republican candidates will join us for a couple of special shows (and you can join the audience too!), but in the meantime we’ll get a preview of what to expect.
What races are you watching? Will you vote in the Democratic or Republican primary? Are you following any statewide campaigns? Who are the candidates that impress you? Why?
- Chris Lehman: Northwest News Network reporter and Salem correspondent for OPB News.
- Jeff Mapes: Political reporter for the Oregonian newspaper
- Skip Nichols: Managing editor for the East Oregonian newspaper.
- Greg Smith: Republican representative in District 57
- Colleen MacLeod: Republican candidate for District 57 in the primary