- Dec. 1, 2012 Jacob Roberts and girlfriend voluntarily break up. Roberts announces he’s moving to Hawaii.
- Dec. 5: Roberts quits his job.
- Dec. 8-9: Roberts purchases ammunition.
- Morning of Dec. 11: Roberts steals rifle from friend, Sean Cates.
- Dec. 11, 3:28 pm: Roberts enters Macy’s.
- 3:29 pm: Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO) receives first 9-1-1 call.
- 3:29-3:30 pm: Roberts shoots Cindy Yuille, Kristina Shevchenko, then Steven Forsyth, and fires 13 more rounds that do not hit anyone.
- 3:30 pm: First CCSO unit arrives at the scene, 1 minute and 12 seconds after call was dispatched.
- 3:51 pm: CCSO finds Roberts dead from self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The Sheriff did not find a motive for the shooting. Roberts had no criminal history, no history of mental illness or violence, no relationship to any victim or ties to the mall. A few other details from the report:
- Roberts had smoked marijuana in the hour before the shooting. Traces of cocaine (used 36-48 hours before) were also found in his system.
- Roberts’s roommates called the CCSO Tip Line at 7:03 pm, having found empty AR-15 ammo boxes in Roberts’s room. They left Jacob Roberts’s name with CCSO.
The Oregonian has the full report on its website.
What do you make of the Clackamas County Sheriff Office’s report?