Editor’s Note: You’re invited to join us for this show. We will broadcast from the Higher Education Center in Medford at 12pm. Pre-show reception starts at 11am. Admission is FREE but seating is first come, first served. This show will air live on both OPB Radio and Jefferson Public Radio.
Where do you get your news? What issues do you feel are not being covered adequately by your local media? How informed do you feel about what’s happening in other parts of Oregon and the Northwest?
A recent survey commissioned by OPB and the Oregon Community Foundation asked Oregonians questions like this to gather information about the changing Oregon media landscape. On this show, we’ll reveal the results of the survey, and since we’re in Southern Oregon this week, our conversation will focus specifically on media consumption in Medford.
What does the media landscape look like where you live?
- Morgan Holm: Senior Vice President and Chief Content Officer for OPB
- Bob Hunter: Editor at the Mail Tribune and the Ashland Daily Tidings
- Julie Akins: News director KOBI TV
- Geoffrey Riley: News director and host of the Jefferson Exchange on Jefferson Public Radio
- Erik Palmer: Southern Oregon University professor, teacher at the Center for Emerging Media and Digital Art, and the academic coordinator for Southern Oregon Digital Media Center
More Think Out Loud
OPB | Sept. 27, 2016