Last week, the Oregon University System raised tuition around the state for the 2012-2013 school year. The hike hovered around six percent for most universities. Southern Oregon university was the most affected with an increase around ten percent. Every state school will see an increase in tuition:
- Eastern Oregon University: 5.6%
- Oregon Institute of Technology: 7.2%
- Oregon State University: 6.9%
- Portland State University: 3.8%
- Southern Oregon University: 9.9%
- University of Oregon: 6.1%
- Western Oregon University: 1.4%
*resident undergraduate tuition rate increases according to Oregon University System
The hike continues a steady rise in tuition seen over the past three decades.
*Data from Oregon University System. Tuition is OUS average, unweighted for student body size.
However, not all Oregon university students will be paying more for their education next year. Students at Portland State University and Western Oregon University will see a reduction in incidental student fees as the universities try to compensate for the growing tuition rates.
Are you a student or parent of a student? How does the growing price of tuition affect you?
- Melissa Trifiletti: Director of New Student Programs at PSU
- George Pernsteiner: Oregon University System Chancellor
- Jessica Travenia: Senior at Western Oregon University
- Daniel Fuller Rowan: Student at the University of Oregon