We’ve been taking a bit of time this week to look back at the year that is coming to a close. We started with a look at the top environmental stories in 2011 — from fish to forests to energy. We then talked with a few other OPB reporters about the biggest stories they’d covered generally — from local Occupy protests to the big death penalty news to the passing of one of the most revered Oregon statesman, Senator Mark Hatfield. And we brought back some of our favorite cultural commentators to give us their takes on the best music, film and food of the year.
We thought for our last show we’d go long and wide, and check in with a broad assortment of some of the most interesting and influential people who’ve been guests on our show this year. We’ll ask them what’s changed since we last spoke, how the stories they are connected to may have developed and what they’re looking forward to in the coming year.
What questions do you have for our voices of 2011?
- Arnie Roblan: Co-speaker of the Oregon House of Representatives (D-Coos Bay). Most recent TOL appearance: July 1st
- Bruce Hanna: Co-speaker of the Oregon House of Representatives (R-Roseburg). Most recent TOL appearance: July 1st
- Tom Potiowsky: PSU economics professor and former Oregon state economist. Most recent TOL appearance: August 2nd
- Mike Reese: Chief of Police of the Portland Police Bureau. Most recent TOL appearance: November 18th
- Barbara Roberts: Former Governor of Oregon and current Metro councilmember. Most recent TOL appearance: October 14th
- Mike Daisey: Monologist and Performer of “All the Hours in the Day,” a 24-hour monologue at the 2011 TBA Festival. Most recent TOL appearance: September 16th
- Naomi Pomeroy: Owner and chef at Beast. Most recent TOL appearance: May 10th
- Carlos Kalmar: Director of the Oregon Symphony Orchestra. Most recent TOL appearance: May 4th