Your Request List:
No items in your cart yet.
About the Lending Library
The OPB Lending Library is a benefit we are pleased to offer to:
Members and Partners may borrow up to 2 items at a time for up to 21 days.
We'll send you the media items by mail, including a return envelope and postage for convenient return.
If the item you have selected is currently on loan, we will be happy to reserve it for you. We hope you enjoy this service.
How to use our online request form
- Find a title you like and click its "Details / Add to list" link.
- To request the item, click the "Add to Request List" button at the bottom of the detail page.
- You may add up to two items to your request list.
- To check out, click "Check Out" from the bottom of your Request List.
- On the next page, select your OPB membership status from the pull-down menu.
- Enter your shipping/contact information and any comments you may have.
- Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
- Your request will be on its way!
For more information or to select by phone:
If you're a Business Partner, please e-mail Lori Bernet or call 503.293.1950.
If you're a Cornerstone Society, President's Council or Wyllis Johnson Legacy Society member, please e-mail Julie Arnzen or call 503.977.7765.
Title: Remaking American Medicine
Copy #: 1
Duration: 4 hours, 0 minutes
Media: 1 DVD
REMAKING AMERICAN MEDICINE is a four-part television series for PBS that follows pioneering individuals struggling to fix our broken health care system. PROGRAM 1 - SILENT KILLER profiles individuals who are committed to fixing a health care system that is estimated to kill up to 98,000 people a year. PROGRAM 2 - FIRST DO NO HARM focuses on efforts to eliminate hospital-acquired infections and medication errors. PROGRAM 3 - THE STEALTH EPIDEMIC looks at groundbreaking efforts to create effective chronic disease management programs. PROGRAM 4 - HAND IN HAND shows how a unique partnership between patients, families and providers is transforming a teaching hospital