Your Request List:
No items in your cart yet.
About the Lending Library
The OPB Lending Library is a benefit we are pleased to offer to:
Members and Partners may borrow up to 2 items at a time for up to 21 days.
We'll send you the media items by mail, including a return envelope and postage for convenient return.
If the item you have selected is currently on loan, we will be happy to reserve it for you. We hope you enjoy this service.
How to use our online request form
- Find a title you like and click its "Details / Add to list" link.
- To request the item, click the "Add to Request List" button at the bottom of the detail page.
- You may add up to two items to your request list.
- To check out, click "Check Out" from the bottom of your Request List.
- On the next page, select your OPB membership status from the pull-down menu.
- Enter your shipping/contact information and any comments you may have.
- Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
- Your request will be on its way!
For more information or to select by phone:
If you're a Business Partner, please e-mail Lori Bernet or call 503.293.1950.
If you're a Cornerstone Society, President's Council or Wyllis Johnson Legacy Society member, please e-mail Julie Arnzen or call 503.977.7765.
Title: Father Brown - Season 1
Copy #: 1
Duration: 7 hours, 48 minutes
Media: 4 DVDs
Keywords: Mark Williams, Solving crimes
Based on the short stories by G K Chesterton, Father Brown (Mark Williams) follows the kindly cleric as he solves crimes in his community. It is a quintessentially English world: drawing rooms in large country houses, miles of countryside, village halls and secret gardens, as well as country fairs, railway stations and rural parish churches. Each episode sees the enigmatic priest investigate a crime in his own particular way, using intuition and psychology. Father Brown discovers the truth of a crime by looking into the truth of the soul - the passions, dark secrets, hidden desires. Many years spent hearing his parishioners' confessions have given him an uncanny insight into the origins of evil and the workings of the criminal mind. But the stories are not concerned with judgement - Father Brown is more interested in saving souls than in bringing the guilty to justice. 10 episodes plus bonus features.