RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
- Send me an email if there is activity in this thread.
Vetting the Dog Walker
MaggieMay wrote in during today's show about employer credit checks to say that a quick look at Craigslist shows that even jobs like petsitting require these checks. She was right — and the requirements don't end there. An ad for "Pampered Pets by Sherrie" says that applicants must:
• Love pets
• Be able to follow written and oral instructions
• Capable of walking dogs, bending over to clean cages and/or kitty boxes and getting on floors to clean up accidents
• Pass a criminal background check
• Pass a credit check
• Must be bondable and insurable
• Pass a drug test
• Be mature, professional, extremely dependable and fun to work with
• Be willing to commit to a position for at least 6 months
• Enjoy working outside in all beautiful NW weather (dogs like to be walked, even in the rain)
• Have internet access and access to a working printer (for scheduling)
• Must be willing to travel to other areas of service
• Be flexible in terms of scheduling
• Have a reliable vehicle, proof of a valid driver’s license and auto insurance
• Be organized and work well independently
• Have loads of common sense
• Have excellent oral and written skills
• Be totally in love with animals (already said, but is essential
Would you be eligible to walk a dog?
I forgot to write earlier that this ad reminds me of something Emily mentioned on our way out of the studio this morning. So many of the comments that we got today were from the perspective of job-seeking employees. But imagine that you're sifting through applications to hire a home health aid for an ailing parent. Would you be curious to see their credit histories before letting them into your mother's house?
Comments are now closed.