It’s Friday, and so it’s time for another “News Roundtable.”
We’ll look back at the news of the week with a panel of journalists, editors, and news watchers. We’ll look at some of the stories that we didn’t cover, and push forward some of the stories we already dug into.
This week we’re looking at:
- The first presidential debate
- Higher payments for PERS employers
- Jefferson Smith’s 1993 college party scuffle, which resulted in a misdemeanor assault charge that was later dropped.
What was the major news of the week for you?
- Jack Ohman: Syndicated editorial cartoonist based at The Oregonian
- Jack Roberts: Executive Director of Lane Metro Partnership in Eugene
More Think Out Loud
OPB | Feb. 22, 2017