It’s Friday, and so it’s time for the news roundtable, our chance to review the big news of the week with a panel of journalists, editors and news watchers.
This week we are discussing:
- Oregon House Democrats passed PERS reform, but saw their tax plan get dismantled
- Oregon Senate approved drivers licenses for undocumented immigrants, but federal immigration reform may lose momentum after the Boston Marathon bombing
- George W. Bush saw a resurgence in approval ratings with the opening of his presidential library
What stories are you following this week?
- Barbara Dudley: Adjunct assistant professor at Portland State University, and senior policy advisor for the Oregon Working Families Party
- Allen Alley: Former chair of the Oregon GOP
More Think Out Loud
OPB | Sept. 22, 2016