We’re wrapping up the news of the week a day early this time around. As always, our news roundtable is our chance to chat about the week’s news with a panel of journalists, editors, and news watchers.
This week, our discussion topics include:
- Reactions to the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin and what the trial means for the future of ‘Stand Your Ground’ laws
- The Senate avoiding the “nuclear option” of filibuster reform
- The discovery of Multnomah County Chair Jeff Cogen’s affair with a fellow county staffer
- Governor Kitzhaber’s staffing troubles following the latest headlines of advisor Patricia McCaig’s possible conflict of interest with a Columbia River Crossing contractor and Rudy Crew’s expenses
What news are you following this week?
- Jim Moore: Political science professor and director of the Tom McCall Center for Policy Innovation at Pacific University
- Carla Axtman: Editor at Blue Oregon
- Allen Alley: Former chair of the Oregon GOP
More Think Out Loud
OPB | April 16, 2015