We’re a day early with our regular news roundtable, our chance to review the big news of the week with a panel of journalists, editors and news watchers.
This week, our discussion topics include:
- Negotiations in Salem over the education budget
- The Army Corps of Engineers’ decision not to investigate the effect coal terminals would have on climate change or the region as a whole in its approval process
- The push by a majority of Washington’s congressional delegation for the federal government not to prosecute Washingtonians who buy or sell marijuana under the state’s new law.
- The Oregon Supreme Court upholding Gov. John Kitzhaber’s right to block the execution of Gary Haugen.
What stories are you following this week?
- Steve Buckstein: Founder of the Cascade Policy Institute
- Barbara Dudley: Adjunct assistant professor at Portland State University, and senior policy advisor for the Oregon Working Families Party
- Chris Lehman: Capitol reporter for OPB News