SHARE THIS SHOW:
ON THE BLOG:
RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Knowing Your Meat
Local restaurateur and chef Naomi Pomeroy is known for her love of meat — and the fact she's currently competing for the top honor in Top Chef Masters. She named her restaurant Beast, and says she likes to know where the meat she prepares comes from. She says she would like to actually visit the local places where she gets her meat — though she hasn't had a chance to do that yet. Does where your meat comes from matter to you? Are you willing to pay more for local meat?
- Naomi Pomeroy: Chef/Owner of Beast
- Keith Barnhart: Owner of Willow Springs Guest Ranch in Lakeview
- Andy Jermolowicz: Agricultural economist with the USDA
- Ben Meyer: Instructor with the Portland Meat Collective, chef at Grain & Gristle
Photo credit: Alicia J. Rose