SHARE THIS SHOW:
OTHER SEGMENTS THIS HOUR:
RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
2012 conventions 2012 election 2013 session arts arts and culture author ballot measures basketball bomb books boy scouts budget bullying business charlie hales children clackamas climate change coal college courts crime culture culture club democrats drugs economy education environment family film fluoride food gay rights guns handguns health health care health insurance high school history housing immigration internet kitzhaber law legislature lgbt literary arts living marijuana marriage media medicine mental health military minor parties mohamed mohamud movies music native americans news newspaper obama olympics oregon our town parenting pers photography police politcs politics port portland portland business journal president prevention public safety religion republicans rnc romney rural salem sam adams sandy hook schools science shooting sports suicide supreme court taxes technology television terrorism theater third parties transportation union university of oregon washington wildfire womensee all tags >>
News Roundtable: Feb. 8, 2013
AIR DATE: Friday, February 8th 2013
It's Friday, and so it's time for another news roundtable, our chance to review the big news of the week with a panel of journalists, editors and news watchers.
This week we are looking at:
- Reactions to proposed gun control legislation
- Portland Mayor Charlie Hales's proposed budget cuts to all city bureaus
- The future of logging in counties on O & C lands
- Senate President Peter Courtney's push for lawmakers to invest in mental health programs
What issues are you following this week?
- Colin Fogarty: Editor of Northwest News Network
- Jim Redden: Reporter with the Hillsboro Tribune and the Portland Tribune newspapers