SHARE THIS SHOW:
RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
What Can Schools Do To Prevent Shootings?
In response to the shootings at Clackamas Town Center and Sandy Hook Elementary, we're looking into some of the potential ways to prevent such tragedies.
First up, we'll look at how the security measures taken in schools, malls, and other public spaces can be improved.
UPDATE 01/02/2012: On December 21, Dave Miller interviewed Mick Hoffman, the director of safety, security and athletics for Vancouver Public Schools, on OPB TV during the PBS special "After Newton." You can watch it here.
What measures do you want to see taken at your child's school? What would make you feel safer in public spaces?
- Dennis Richardson: Oregon State Representative (R-Central Point)
- Mitch Greenlick: Oregon State Representative (D-Portland)
- Mick Hoffman: Director of Safety, Security, and Athletics in Vancouver Public Schools
- Mark Lomax: Executive Director at the National Tactical Officers Association
- Ron Avi Astor: Professor in School of Social Work and School of Education at University of Southern California