RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Alternative Ten Priciples To Live By:
1. Live each day with humily
2. Take pride in the relationships you build
3. Recognize that some projects don't deserve to be finished because they were bad ideas to begin with. Do this especially when the bad idea was yours.
4. Recognize that you don't always know what has to be done. Work cooperatively with others to build a common plan for action.
5. Be Compassionate and Fair
6. Recognize that you do not control a big enough chunk of this world to promise anything big. Be impeccably careful about your committments and keep them.
7. Never allow yourself to be branded, like an animal, but keep an open mind.
8. Talk less and Listen More.
9. Realize that a lot of things are for sale which should never be for sale and work to change that.
10. Recognize that "the line" is often different for different people and you are not always right.
I encourage others to construct their own (pro-life, pro-choice, hedonist, buddhist....) 10 Rules to demonstrate to our silly lawmakers that the ethical moral landscape in Oregon is a multiplicity, not a dumbed down cowboy unity. Our multiplicity is our strength.
posted 2 years, 1 month ago
view in context