Suggest a Topic
RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
2012 conventions 2012 election 2013 session 2013 special election arts arts and culture author ballot measures basketball bomb books boy scouts budget bullying business charlie hales children clackamas climate change coal college courts crime culture culture club democrats drugs economy education environment family film fluoride food gay rights guns handguns health health care health insurance high school history housing immigration international internet kitzhaber law legislature lgbt literary arts living marijuana marriage media medicine mental health military minor parties mohamed mohamud movies music native americans news newspaper obama olympics oregon our town parenting pers photography police politcs politics port portland portland business journal president prevention public safety religion republicans rnc romney rural salem sam adams sandy hook schools science shooting sports suicide supreme court taxes technology television terrorism theater third parties transportation union university of oregon washington wildfire womensee all tags >>
Top 10 Reasons to Support Wind Energy:
- Wind energy fosters economic recovery and creates jobs. Wind in Sherman County increased the tax base by $2.5 billion and created about as many full-time jobs as the county has high school graduates.
- All independent governmental studies have consistently concluded that operating wind farms do not result in ill health impacts. Pollutive sources of energy cause myriad health problems.
- Wind offers secure, homegrown energy that lessens dependence on foreign fuel.
- Wind energy supports farmers and ranchers who can lease land and harvest a second crop while preserving traditional means of working land.
- Wind companies work closely with wildlife officials and biologists to preserve and restore important habitats.
- Other nations are exceeding the U.S. in clean energy. Supporting wind energy enables us to be part of the global race for a clean energy economy.
- Wind is a low-cost, low-risk fuel, unlike fossil sources that are high-cost and high-risk, due to volatility. Wind receives a minute fraction of the amount federal subsidies that oil and gas companies receive.
- Wind is a safely accessible resource. As finite fossil fuels become limited and difficult to extract, tragedies like oil spills and mine incidents will continue.
- Wind energy is future-forward. Clean energy considers the health and security of our children.
- Wind energy combats global warming, a problem recognized by the U.S. military and U.S. department of Fish and Wildlife.
On behalf of Renewable Northwest Project.
posted 2 years, 6 months ago
view in context