RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
I am the parent of a child attending Southwest Charter School. Our expected move-in date to 680 Bancroft was August/September 2010. The interior is beautiful and mostly complete! I am eagerly awaiting a move-in date from our contractor, Stuart Lindquist.
We have a very unique school: our students are out exploring the community and natural world daily. South Waterfront is a great location and has much to offer our school community:
- The new Caruthers Park (5-10 minute walk north).
- Park and bioswale space along the river (5-10 minute walk north).
- Portland streetcar stop (1 block north). Our students often take public transportation on their (frequent) field trips.
- OHSU Wellness Center (10 minute walk north).
- Bike path (adjacent to our building). As part of Bike to Learn, our students will learn bike safety and use bikes as a healthy lifestyle and transportation solution for urban expeditions.
- Pair of nesting Osprey (10 minute walk north).
- Cottonwood Bay (5-10 minute walk south). Our students are actively involved in restoration of Cottonwood Bay; we are working towards becoming a stewardship partner with Portland Parks and Recreation.
- When complete, the Gibbs Street Pedestrian Bridge (10 minute walk north).
I can't wait to be neighbors!
posted 2 years, 4 months ago
view in context