Audio Engineer/Technical Director
OPB is looking for an Audio Engineer/Technical Director to maintain and improve audio quality in radio & podcast production. This is a full-time, represented, non-exempt, regular status position with benefits.
Working closely with the show producers, this position serves as a technical director for OPB’s daily Think Out Loud program, weekly State of Wonder program, weekly Politics Now podcast, breaking news events, concerts, live events, and more as necessary. S/he ensures the equipment is ready for the broadcast or taping, ensures compliance with FCC regulations, and troubleshoots any audio problems. The Technical Director/Audio Engineer may also need to set up/tear down equipment during remote broadcasts and concerts.
Duties will be performed in studio settings and may require lifting equipment (25 or more lbs.), working in confined studio spaces for lengthy periods of time. This position is required to deal with stressful situations while working with a variety of people, projects and priorities.
- At least 3 years of experience engineering in a live sound environment and/or in a broadcast environment.
- Demonstrated ability with Pro Tools and/or Audition digital audio editing software.
- Demonstrated ability to set up and operate audio equipment in studio or field environments including ISDN Codecs, and remote broadcast systems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective under pressure.
- Ability to work constructively with team members
- Take initiative to prevent and solve problems in live broadcast and editing environments.
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of the mission of OPB and for the role of public media in a changing media environment.
- Advanced Dialog editing skills.
- Experience in studio or acoustical design.
Click HERE to apply.
All application materials are due by:
June 25, 2019, 5 p.m. (Pacific Time).
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at email@example.com.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certain federal and state laws require that job applicants be able to view posters or notices describing specific laws that affect employers. These include the Oregon OSHA Job Safety and Health poster, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity poster, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act poster and the federal Polygraph Protection Act Notice. Although people viewing this section of opb.org may not be job applicants, this is the most readily available location to ensure this information is available to potential job applicants.