Corporate Account Executive
OPB seeks a Corporate Account Executive to join our sponsorship sales team seeking support from businesses and non-profits throughout Oregon and southwest Washington for OPB. This exempt position is a full-time, salaried, regular status position with benefits.
As a part of the Corporate Support team, secure sponsorships from organizations and brands who want to market to Oregon and SW Washington individuals. This position contacts prospective sponsors, develops and maintains positive relationships with sponsors, maintains records, follows internal processes and guidelines, and reaches personal and department sponsorship/income goals.
Typical office environment to including extended use of a computer and phone. Requires flexible working hours and event attendance. May involve frequent regional travel.
- Successful professional sales experience managing multiple accounts from prospecting to billing.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Ability to sell an intangible service.
- Proven ability to initiate, build and maintain and grow successful business relationships with a large number of clients.
- Excellent communication skills including diplomacy, negotiating, writing correspondence, and oral presentations to individuals and groups.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and contact management software.
- Proactive, oriented to problem solving, teamwork, systematic thinking and constant pursuit of improvement.
- Adaptable and flexible to demands of workflow and nature of projects.
- Must take initiative and balance multiple priorities with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to project a professional demeanor and perform activities in a manner that benefits OPB and the community we serve.
- Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Genuine enthusiasm for the services and mission of OPB.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Sales experience in media and/or non-profit environment, selling an intangible service.
- Ability to sell successfully when the buyer must comply with rules (i.e.: FCC regulations) they may not agree with.
- Experience using Salesforce.com.
Click HERE to apply.
Position open until filled. Screening begins February 15, 2019.
This is an ongoing recruitment.
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at email@example.com.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certain federal and state laws require that job applicants be able to view posters or notices describing specific laws that affect employers. These include the Oregon OSHA Job Safety and Health poster, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity poster, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act poster and the federal Polygraph Protection Act Notice. Although people viewing this section of opb.org may not be job applicants, this is the most readily available location to ensure this information is available to potential job applicants.