Digital Managing Editor
OPB is looking for a Digital Managing Editor to join a highly experienced digital content production team and oversee daily digital operations. The new Digital Managing Editor will play a key role in building OPB’s capacity to become the Pacific Northwest’s leading provider of news and information. This salaried, exempt position is a full time, regular status position with benefits.
The Digital Managing Editor oversees daily digital operations with a mandate to increase audience loyalty and engagement across OPB’s digital distribution channels.
Most work is done in an office at a computer. Work schedule will be determined by OPB business needs, primarily Monday through Friday during business hours. OPB digital producers work seven days/week. Shifts generally run 6am – 7:30pm and producers work outside normal hours when breaking news occurs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position.
- Five years of experience in professional digital journalism.
- Track record of successfully managing experienced content teams juggling the distribution of breaking news and crafting long-form multimedia stories.
- Impeccable journalistic integrity and editorial judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to balance urgency and depth in story selection and website presentation
- Keen sense of how to improve people’s work and support them to do their best.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to manage several projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to set, meet and enforce deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with peers across the organization.
- Ability to incorporate broad strategic goals into daily operations.
- Knowledge of evolving online news distribution platforms.
- Share OPB's commitment to covering all the communities in our coverage areas reflecting a diverse range of people and perspectives in our content.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of OPB and a hunger for news.
- A voracious news consumer with a passion for journalism.
- Knowledge of major stories and issues in the Northwest.
Click HERE to apply.
All application materials are due by:
June 27, 2019, 5 p.m. (Pacific Time).
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at email@example.com.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certain federal and state laws require that job applicants be able to view posters or notices describing specific laws that affect employers. These include the Oregon OSHA Job Safety and Health poster, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity poster, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act poster and the federal Polygraph Protection Act Notice. Although people viewing this section of opb.org may not be job applicants, this is the most readily available location to ensure this information is available to potential job applicants.