Director, Member Acquisition
OPB is looking for a professional experienced in member, donor, or customer acquisition and retention to lead the development and refinement of multi-channel member acquisition strategies. This is a full-time, exempt, regular status position with benefits.
The Director, Member Acquisition is responsible for advancing a successful and comprehensive Sustainer-focused member acquisition program. Responsibilities include strategy, implementation and analysis to grow a vital fundraising program at OPB. In collaboration with the Senior Director, Membership and Philanthropy teams, this position will plan, execute and harmonize member acquisition efforts across all audience communication channels—broadcast (radio and TV), digital, direct mail, canvassing, email, social, on-demand and emerging platforms. Work includes strategy and message development, project management and team coordination, vendor management, budget oversight and data analysis/evaluation. In addition to work with Development colleagues, the Director leads collaborative, cross-functional teams of OPB staff members whose engagement in fundraising is critical to our success.
Most activity takes place in an office environment during regular office hours. Some work will take place off-site during regular work hours. Some work takes place in the early mornings and evenings and weekends during live fundraising events and other activities.
- Five years (full-time) progressively responsible experience in member, donor, or customer acquisition and retention, including two years of each of the following:
- Multi-channel and multi-platform direct marketing strategy, writing copy, message development, testing experience, and data analysis.
- Direct experience in developing brand centric communications through multiple channels, including video, audio, digital, print, and social media.
- Oriented to innovation, creativity, collaboration, problem solving, teamwork, and the constant pursuit of improvement.
- Motivated by results and comfortable with driving change.
- Proven track record creating data-driven strategy and demonstrated analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and optimize opportunities.
- Experience in managing budgets to maximize ROI.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with a demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire, and work constructively with colleagues across an organization or company.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with database, spreadsheet, word processing and other software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Familiarity with public media.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of OPB.
- Nonprofit fundraising and/or public media fundraising experience. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position.
- Familiarity with the Oregon and Southern Washington market.
Click HERE to apply.
All application materials are due by:
Sept. 9, 2019, 5 p.m. (Pacific Time).
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certain federal and state laws require that job applicants be able to view posters or notices describing specific laws that affect employers. These include the Oregon OSHA Job Safety and Health poster, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity poster, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act poster and the federal Polygraph Protection Act Notice. Although people viewing this section of opb.org may not be job applicants, this is the most readily available location to ensure this information is available to potential job applicants.