Master Control Operator
OPB is looking for an individual with a passion for evolving technology to join our team of Master Control Operators. MC Ops load, ingest, prepare and maintain programs for television and monitor and operate automation systems. This is a non-exempt, fill-in position.
The On-Call Master Control Operator’s primary responsibility is to perform functions and activities required for maintaining an efficient and accurate acquisition and distribution of program materials. The Operator must execute this in a precise and aesthetic manner in compliance with prescribed schedules, OPB standards, and FCC guidelines while maintaining the highest technical standards.
Works indoors in an environmentally-controlled broadcast technical center. This is a fill-in position that will average one to two shifts a week, typically covering the graveyard shift (12am – 8am). This position may be scheduled for occasional daytime or swing shifts and there may be more or fewer shifts depending on other scheduling factors.
- Technologically savvy with a passion for evolving technology.
- One-year professional experience.
- Ability to work independently and evaluate situations using sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Able to make appropriate decisions under stress.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to interface in a cordial, professional and well-informed manner with OPB staff.
- Organized and meticulous, oriented to problem solving, teamwork, systematic thinking, constant pursuit of improvement.
- Fluent use of standard computer software tools in business applications (Microsoft Office) and effective database skills.
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving technological work environment.
- Adaptable and flexible to demands of workflow and nature of projects.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of OPB.
Preferred (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attitudes):
- Experience utilizing and maintaining master control automation systems.
- Experience with ingest, preparation and playback of broadcast materials from broadcast servers.
- Technical degree
- Experience with data management.
Click HERE to apply.
This position is open until filled. Screening begins February 8, 2019.
This is an ongoing recruitment.
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at email@example.com.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certain federal and state laws require that job applicants be able to view posters or notices describing specific laws that affect employers. These include the Oregon OSHA Job Safety and Health poster, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity poster, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act poster and the federal Polygraph Protection Act Notice. Although people viewing this section of opb.org may not be job applicants, this is the most readily available location to ensure this information is available to potential job applicants.