Senior Digital Platform Developer
OPB is looking for a senior developer to be involved in the development and maintenance of OPB’s databases, digital platforms, APIs and supporting services. This position works in a small team following agile development methodologies.
The Senior Digital Platform Developer is involved in development and maintenance of OPB’s databases, digital platforms, APIs and supporting services. This position works in a small team following agile development methodologies. They may be assigned major projects and may need to assign tasks to other developers working on these projects.
Extended computer work in a shared office space and a schedule typically during OPB’s business hours (Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm) with some flexibility. The Senior Developer may need to respond to emergency issues during evenings and weekends.
- Advanced knowledge of scripting languages (especially Python) and web frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge of service-oriented architecture (SOA and APIs).
- Experience with Docker container development and related tools and frameworks, especially Kubernetes.
- Comfortable working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgresql) and non-relational databases (MongoDB), including database design and configuration.
- Experience developing systems and interfaces for the flow and access of information.
- Working experience with agile application development practices.
- Good time-management skills and attention to detail.
- Motivated by the goals of public media.
- Comfortable working on cloud platforms and services, especially Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with source repositories, test-driven development, and code reviews.
Click HERE to apply.
This position is open until filled.
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certain federal and state laws require that job applicants be able to view posters or notices describing specific laws that affect employers. These include the Oregon OSHA Job Safety and Health poster, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity poster, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act poster and the federal Polygraph Protection Act Notice. Although people viewing this section of opb.org may not be job applicants, this is the most readily available location to ensure this information is available to potential job applicants.