OPB seeks a volunteer coordinator to coordinate logistics of volunteers involved in membership drives and one-time volunteer involvement. This hourly, non-exempt position works approximately 16 hours/week through the end of June.
This volunteer coordinator provides general support to the Volunteer Resources department and performs key tasks that pertain to the community’s involvement with OPB including intake, tracking, and supervision of volunteers. Additionally, this position coordinates interdepartmental logistics to facilitate volunteer involvement. Also, this position supervises volunteers during membership drives and provides excellent customer service to volunteers and the general public.
Majority of time spent in OPB offices using a computer and telephone. May include travel to pick up event supplies and to attend off-site events. Some scheduled evening and weekend work may be required. Moving up to 25 lbs. required.
- Successful experience working with volunteers.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to interface in a cordial, professional and well-informed manner with volunteers, donors, and staff members.
- Must be able to handle a high volume of tasks and balance multiple priorities. Adaptable and flexible to the demands of workflow and nature of projects.
- Fluent use of computer software tools, especially Google Apps, Microsoft Office, and databases.
- Well organized, systematic, motivated and efficient.
- Clear and articulate written and verbal communication skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Enjoys working with a variety of people.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to develop a familiarity about OPB in order to speak articulately and passionately about OPB’s mission, programming and platforms.
- Experience with Volgistics.
- Experience managing a Google Site.
Click HERE to apply.
Screening begins 8/12/19.
This position is open until filled.
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at email@example.com.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certain federal and state laws require that job applicants be able to view posters or notices describing specific laws that affect employers. These include the Oregon OSHA Job Safety and Health poster, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity poster, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act poster and the federal Polygraph Protection Act Notice. Although people viewing this section of opb.org may not be job applicants, this is the most readily available location to ensure this information is available to potential job applicants.