Twelve western Oregon museums are inviting members to get out and explore their counterparts throughout the region.
The Portland Attractions Marketing Alliance is a metro-area group of institutions. It recently expanded to museums in Newport, Astoria, and Clark County, Washington. Membership to any one museum in the group will get you admission for four at a different partner museum each month in 2018.
Bruce Jones is the deputy director of the Columbia River Maritime Museum in Astoria, one of the newest members of PAMA.
“We’re hoping that people will just get their calendars out and go visit some of the other attractions in Oregon,” Jones said. Personally, Jones said he’s visited only some of the others in the group. “My wife and I have already got our calendar out and started planning when we’re going to visit the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum” in McMinnville.
Here’s where the crossover admissions can be redeemed in 2018:
- January: Oregon Zoo
- February: Oregon Historical Society
- March: Deepwood Museum & Gardens
- April: Lan Su Chinese Garden
- May: Architectural Heritage Center
- June: Columbia River Maritime Museum
- July: World Forestry Center
- August: Clark County Historical Museum
- September: Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks & Minerals
- October: Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum
- November: Oregon Coast Aquarium
- December: Washington County Museum