Good morning, it’s Thursday, Jan. 8. Here are this morning’s headlines:
- Gov. John Kitzhaber will propose a legislative fix in mid-January to create cohesiveness among biotech, conventional and organic crops.
- The first transgender mayor in the U.S., Stu Rasmussen, has left office in Silverton, Oregon.
- Oregon State Police say the driver is to blame in a tanker truck crash that spilled thousands of juvenile salmon. The driver, Ray C. Lewis, faces drunken driving and reckless driving charges.
- A judge ruled that Washington has the authority to bring a consumer protection lawsuit against a Richland florist who refused to do the flowers for a gay wedding.
- A sea turtle found hypothermic and emaciated on a southwest Washington beach is improving at a Newport aquarium. But a second sea turtle, found Friday on Washington’s Long Beach Peninsula, was dead on arrival at the Seattle Aquarium.
- Facebook assisted in reuniting a Hillsboro woman with lost love letters from her military ex-husband.