Good morning, it’s Thursday, Nov. 6. Here are this morning’s headlines:
- Portland is drawing up new rules that would permit Google Fiber and other telecommunications businesses to install utility cabinets along the city’s streets.
- Bend is creating a new task force that will steer the city’s initial approach to regulations of vacation rentals.
- There may be options for municipalities and counties to ban recreational pot.
- The death of a child thrown off a bridge renews attention on fencing in the region.
- A landslide covered all lanes and shoulder areas of Highway 224 at milepost 36.5 near Estacada. The road was shut down as maintenance crews and hydrologists removed debris that was still falling Wednesday night.
- Oregon State University is fundraising to create a scholarship fund in memory of former OSU professor Don Horneck, who died Sept. 28. He was 56.