Good morning, it’s Monday, Oct. 27. Here are this morning’s headlines:
- A second victim of Friday’s shootings at Marysville-Pilchuck High School near Seattle has died.
- Sen. Jeff Merkley became the first U.S. senator to support legalizing marijuana when he announced he would vote in favor of Measure 91.
- The Eugene Planning Commission is considering a boundary expansion, which could mean adding nearly 700 acres west of the city.
- A Deschutes County assessor will hold tax meetings to explain process and potential property tax increases.
- The Ashland City Council passed a resolution that urges state investment boards to divest from fossil fuel companies.
- In Oregon, about 12 percent of ballots had been returned by the end of last week. In Washington, about 9 percent had been returned.