Good morning, it’s Friday, Sept. 19. Here are this morning’s headlines:
- Springfield is considering taxing marijuana in anticipation that voters may approve its recreational use in November.
- People are lined up around the Apple Store in downtown Portland as the tech giant rolls out the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Friday.
- Health officials warn that pets should also stay out from the Willamette River in the Portland area as the algae could be toxic.
- The city of Redmond is interested in a one-of-a-kind new climbing route under the arches of a bridge.
- After missing the deadline to put a local bond on the November ballot, the Pendleton City Council unanimously decided to put together another measure for a future vote.