Good morning, it’s Friday, Feb. 6. Here are this morning’s headlines:
- The third University of Oregon student thought to have meningococcemia has been cleared of the bacterial infection.
- Oregon WinterFest ski and snowboard competition has been canceled this year due to a lack of snow and a forecast of warm weather.
- A divided Medford City Council approved salary increases for police and fire chiefs, making their pay sufficiently higher than lower-ranking employees.
- The Oregon Department of Transportation is moving forward with plans for the new road user fee, and is seeking 5,000 volunteers to test drive the program.
- Thousands of birds in Washington have been euthanized after an outbreak of bird flu.