OPB will open its doors to the community on Saturday, May 9, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for its annual Open House celebration. The day’s festivities will include refreshments, OPB personalities, prizes and more. The event will take place at OPB headquarters located at 7140 SW Macadam Avenue in Portland, and will feature activities for the entire family:
- Meet OPB TV and radio personalities.
- Take photos with Clifford the Big Red Dog (be sure to bring a camera!)
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at OPB with a tour of the studios.
- Spin the OPB prize wheel to win a variety of great items.
- Watch artist and Oregon Art Beat alum Darren Orange paint at 11 a.m.
- Enjoy a live band hosted by opbmusic at 1:30 p.m.
- Check out Little Art in the Trailer—a mobile gallery!
- Get creative with SMART (Start Making a Reader Today) at the kids crafts table.
- Learn how you can prepare for an earthquake with OPB and the Red Cross.
Click here for directions to OPB, bus information and a map of OPB parking lots. Additional parking can be found for free on nearby streets. Metered parking is available in Willamette Park.
For more information about the OPB Open House, please visit www.opb.org/openhouse.