OPB will open its doors to the community for its annual Open House celebration on Saturday, May 7 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
A free event, the day’s festivities will include music, OPB personalities, prizes and more. The event will take place at OPB headquarters located at 7140 SW Macadam Avenue in Portland, and will feature activities for the entire family:
- Meet OPB TV and radio personalities including WordGirl and the host of OPB’s Oregon Field Guide, Steve Amen.
- Take photos with WordGirl (be sure to bring a camera!)
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at OPB with a tour of the studios
- Spin the prize wheel to win a variety of great items
- Enjoy music from the band Nu Shooz from 1:30-2:30 p.m., as they record for OPB’s Oregon Art Beat and State of Wonder.
For directions to OPB, bus information and a map of OPB parking lots, visit opb.org/about/directions/. In addition to OPB parking lots, parking can be found for free on nearby streets. Metered parking is available in Willamette Park.
For more information about the OPB Open House, please visit opb.org/openhouse.