OPB invites the community to spend an evening with Oregon Art Beat as they celebrate the works of William Shakespeare.
This lively, informative and entertaining evening offers a deep dive into the enduring influence of the world’s preeminent dramatist. Free and open to the public, the event will feature:
- A sneak peek at an upcoming Oregon Art Beat segment profiling Bill Rauch, artistic director of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.
- A look at the national TV show Shakespeare Uncovered, with excerpts from its upcoming episode “Antony and Cleopatra.”
- A discussion with a panel of four local Shakespeare experts discussing a wide variety of topics—from the roles of women in Shakespeare’s plays to Shakespeare’s influence on modern-day political speeches. Panelists include:
- Linda Alper, actor/playwright, Artists Repertory Theatre
- Daniel Pollack-Pelzner, assistant professor of English, Linfield College
- Michael Mendelson, founding artistic director, Portland Shakespeare Project
- Lydia G. Garcia, resident dramaturg, Oregon Shakespeare Festival
- Moderator: Katrina Sarson, OPB’s Oregon Art Beat co-host/producer
The event is free and open to the public, but does require an RSVP: https://eventbrite.com/event/15702456470/
Tuesday, February 24
7 p.m. (doors open at 6:30 p.m.)
Ellyn Bye Studio Theater
Gerding Theater at the Armory
128 NW 11th Avenue, Portland