OPB has been nominated for a total of 21 Northwest Regional Emmy Awards for 2014 from the Northwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
The annual Northwest Regional Emmy Awards Competition recognizes outstanding achievements in television and allied media. It is presented for excellence in programming and individual craft achievement in television and media arts.
In addition to the overall “Station Excellence” award, OPB’s local TV productions and staff across the organization are being recognized for their work in a variety of categories—ranging from environmental programs/specials and historical/cultural segments to documentaries, arts & entertainment features and individual writing, producer and reporting honors.
The following OPB programs and staff have received nominations for the 51st Annual Regional Emmy awards:
- Station Excellence: Oregon Public Broadcasting: Steve Bass, President & CEO
Oregon Art Beat
- Environmental - Feature/Segment: Washed Ashore (Robe Imbriano, Producer/Reporter; Greg Bond, Senior Videographer/Editor)
- Arts/Entertainment - Program/Special: Oregon Art Beat episode 1501 “Transformation” (Jessica Martin, Executive Producer, Oregon Art Beat)
- Informational/Instructional - Feature/Segment: Giles Clement (Katrina Sarson, Producer)
- Historic/Cultural - Program/Special: Capturing Oregon’s Frontier (Kami Horton, Writer/Producer)
- Documentary – Cultural: Portland Noir (Kami Horton, Producer / Writer; Tom Babich, Editor
- Documentary – Historical:
- Hanford (Nadine Jelsing, Producer/Writer; Lisa Suinn Kallem, Editor)
- Tom McCall (Eric Cain, Producer)
Oregon Field Guide
- Human Interest - Feature/Segment: Behind the Scenes of Glacier Caves (Danika Sandoz, Producer/Editor; Katie Campbell, Videographer; Andy Maser, Videographer; Steven Kray, Audio Post Production Engineer)
- Environmental - Program/Special: Oregon Field Guide (Steve Amen, Executive Producer/Host; Vince Patton, Producer/Reporter)
- Historic/Cultural - Feature/Segment: Imperial Stock Ranch (Jule Gilfillan, Producer; Nicholas Fisher, Videographer, Editor)
- Historic/Cultural - Program/Special: River of the Rogues (Pat Kruis, Reporter/Producer)
- Health/Science - Program/Special: Diving for Science (Vince Patton, Producer; Michael Bendixen, Videographer/Editor)
- Public/Current/Community Affairs - Program/Special: The White Salmon River Runs Free (Steve Amen, Executive Producer/Host; Andy Maser, Producer, videographer)
- Documentary - Topical: Glacier Caves- Mt. Hood’s Secret World (Ed Jahn, Producer; Amelia Templeton, Co-Producer; Andy Maser, Photographer; Todd Sonflieth, Photographer/Editor; Hayden Peters, Camera Assist; Steve Amen, Executive Producer/Host; Katie Campbell, Multimedia Journalist
- Promotion - Program - Single Spot: Glacier Caves: Mt. Hood’s Secret World :30 promo (Danika Sandoz, Producer/Editor)
Individual OPB Staff:
- Reporter – Programming: Vince Patton
- Writer – Program:
- Ed Jahn, Amelia Templeton
- Nadine Jelsing
- Photographer – Program: Andy Maser
- Video Journalist - No Time Limit: Tom Shrider
Winners of the 2014 Northwest Regional Emmy Awards will be announced at the NATAS Emmy Awards ceremony on June 7, 2013 at the Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center.