OPB has received seven Emmy Awards from the Northwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, (NATAS).
The annual contest recognizes outstanding achievements in television and allied media. It is presented for excellence in programming and individual craft achievement in television and media arts.
Among its wins, OPB received a special citation for “Outstanding Community Outreach” for its work related to the Oregon Experience documentary “The Vietnam War Oregon Remembers” and Ken Burns and Lynn Novick’s film “The Vietnam War.”
OPB’s 2018 Emmy awards include:
- Citation for Outstanding Community Outreach-Medium Market: The Vietnam War Oregon Remembers (Steve Bass, Morgan Holm, Dave Davis, Nadine Jelsing, Paul Loofburrow, Jan Boyd, Kami Horton)
Oregon Art Beat
- Arts/Entertainment – Program/Special: Oregon’s Animation Magic: An Oregon Art Beat Special (Jessica Martin, Executive Producer; Eric Slade, Producer/Director; Jule Gilfillan, Producer; Lisa Suinn Kallem, Senior Video Editor; Tom Shrider, Senior Videographer/Editor; Greg Bond, Senior Videographer/Editor; Michael Bendixen, Videographer/Editor; Randy Layton, Audio Technician)
- Arts/Entertainment – Feature/Segment: Ceramic Artist Thomas Orr (Eric Slade, Producer)
Oregon Field Guide
- Informational/Instructional – Program/Special: Return to Mount Hood Glacier Caves (Ed Jahn, Producer/Director; Andy Maser, Videographer; Todd Sonflieth, Videographer/Editor)
- Historic/Cultural – Program/Special: Massacre at Hells Canyon (Kami Horton, Writer/Producer; Bruce Barrow, Senior Editor; William Ward, Audio Technician; Greg Bond, Senior Videographer)
- Human Interest – Feature/Segment: Charlie Haughey (Nadine Jelsing, Co-producer; Danika Sandoz, Co-producer)
- Sports – Feature/Segment: Soccer Icon ‘Timber Jim’ Reflects on a Unique Northwest Life (John Rosman, Enterprise Digital Producer)