Is it us, or have we reached that point at which summer starts to feel a little frantic?
There’s a lot to cram into the final furious weeks of August. This week, we catch up with current work in literature, design, and visual art.
- David Shafer talks about his debut novel, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. In a recent review, the New York Times called it a contender for the best book of the summer.
- Lucinda Parker talks about Non Finito, the show she’s curating this month at Laura Russo Gallery. What do Bill Hoppe, Julie Green, George Green, and Heidi Cody have in common?
- The Columbia Center for the Arts premiers a show marking the 50th anniversary of the Wilderness Act.
- Tryge Faste of the U of O’s product design program previews a talk he’s preparing at the IDSA conference.
- opbmusic shares a new session with Niger’s TisDass.
- We recap hot spots at this year’s Pickathon.
Take a break with us, Saturday at noon!