Maybe it’s the shorter days. This week, artists in the region serve up big things to think about.
- Ben Killen Rosenberg, inspired by a devastating short story his wife wrote, curates a group show in Astoria with Holly Andress, Hickory Mertsching, Cynthia Lahti and others.
- Art Beat tracks the progression of Portland Opera’s productions.
- David Wolman on Pipino, Gentleman Thief, and the heist of a lifetime.
- Vin Shambry tells a story at Backfence, remembering friend and colleague Benjamin Buckley, who took his own life in September.
- Jenny Conlee talks about her struggle with cancer, and an effort to help others who are diagnosed young.
- Charles D’Ambrosio reflects on his family’s influence on his stories.
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche from the Literary Arts archives.