A break-in at a Cannon Beach emergency supply cache last spring revealed
The city is working on new ways to ensure that citizens stock only approved items in the kits they keep on city property. But the story got us thinking: Should firearms be included in emergency preparedness kits? Why or why not?
- Brant Kucera: Cannon Beach city manager
- Allison Stewart: Artist and natural disaster survivor who photographs "bug out" kits across the country
- Kevin Starrett: President of the Oregon Firearms Federation
- Laurie Holien: Deputy director of the Oregon Office of Emergency Management
- Brett D. Matthews: Emergency preparedness consultant and firearms instructor