A conflict has been simmering on the Willamette River for some time now. It’s between people who are living on boats anchored in the Portland area, and others who live on or near the waterway.
They say they’re not doing anything wrong. But the state says many of them are breaking the law. We bring you a rebroadcast of our original exploration of this debate, with the addition of a new interview.
- Travis Gullberg: Lieutenant with the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office River Patrol Unit
- Todd Shanks: Deputy Sheriff with the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office River Patrol Unit
- Phil Fake: Self-described pirate and artist
- Lori Warner-Dickason: Operations manager for the Department of State Lands
- Laura Jackson: Coach of the Portland Kayak and Canoe Team