Last November, Oregonians voted to legalize recreational marijuana. Since then, lawmakers have been negotiating exactly what that will look like. July 1st is the day legalization goes into effect, and many people may have questions about what they can and can’t do.
We’ll hear about the basic dos and don’ts, how the law will be enforced, the ongoing process of establishing retail stores, and the effect of that process on current medical dispensaries. We’ll even dig into questions like: “Can I bring my pot on a plane?”
- Jay Waterbury: Chief of Police for The Dalles
- Ann Lininger: Oregon state representative (D-Lake Oswego) and co-chair for the Joint Committee on Implementing Measure 91
- Nick Harsell: Co-owner of High Grade Organics in Bend
- Jim Mullen: Co-owner of The Herbery in Vancouver, Washington
- Kama Simonds: Public information officer for the Port of Portland